Monday, April 8, 2024

Inkspirational Challenge #313 - Word Prompt FOLD

I'm in a black and white card-making mood. I decided to make a double gate-fold card using only black and white for the current Inkspirational Challenge.
I started with a 5-1/2" x 11" black card. I scored it to make the basic gate-fold card. I cut black and white designer paper (then backed the paper with white) to fit the folds and glued them on. With the card folded, I made a belly-band to go around the card to help keep it closed. On the center of the belly band I attached a black and white die cut that I stamped with 'hello my friend'. I then stamped and die cut a bee image and attached it at the right of the sentiment.


I decided on making a folded black card to hold the inside greeting. I added some black and white floral designer paper to the center and backed the card with a white layer. I attached it to the inside of the card. On a smaller piece of white card stock I stamped my inside message and attached it inside the folded black card.


'hello my friend' sentiment - Gina K. Dazzling Dahlia Stamp Set
Bee Image - Stampin' Up! Honey Bee Stamp Set
Black Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black

2 comments:

  1. This is quite stunning in the black and white Deb - pretty dots and stems on the front panels and lovely outline floral on the inside - love the belly band closure too! thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: Fold! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fold looks so elegant with your choice of stylsih black and white papers. Beautifully done! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete