Sunday, March 31, 2024

Spring Flowers & Hummingbird

It all started when I was searching for a wreath die to make a few spring/summer cards. I searched the Internet and the wreaths I found didn't seem to be what I was looking for. I wanted a simple but pretty leaf wreath and finally found one on eBay. It was just what I wanted but I wasn't familiar with the company that made it. As it turns out, the die comes from Spain but was being sold by someone here in the US, so I purchased it.


I received it yesterday and today cut a few wreaths to make cards. You can't tell by the package photo, but this is a large wreath die, cutting 5-1/4" wreaths. Since I enjoy making 6" square cards I thought it would be a perfect size for making a wreath frame so I could add flowers, birds, butterflies, large sentiments, etc. I began with a 6" green base card. I cut a 5-1/2" white layer and attached the wreath die cut. I stamped (and die cut) three flowers and attached it to the right side (raising it off the card using foam mounts). I then added a digital hummingbird die cut to the left. I love how it turned out.

Wreath Die - Mintopia Floral Wreath Crown
Dalhia Flowers - Gina K. Dazzling Dalhias
Hummingbird - Digital Die Cut
Stamp Dye Ink - Melon Mambo

No comments:

Post a Comment