Sunday, September 8, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #652

This morning I made a card for the current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.
I decided on a 5 1/2" card so cut the base card in white. I then cut a circle in a piece of heavyweight white card stock. I embossed the top of the card with a leaf embossing folder. Across the circle I attached a die cut foil butterfly. I added a thin strip of blue foil card stock at the bottom of the circle then added a blue floral designer paper at the bottom of the layer. I backed the entire layer (using foam mount tape to lift it slightly off the card) with a piece of the same designer paper I used for the bottom of the layer (so it would show behind the foil butterfly). That layer was then attached to the white base card. Lastly I stamped a sentiment on white, backed it with the blue foil card stock, then attached it (using foam mount tape) at the bottom of the circle. For a little bling, I added two blue gems.
Butterfly Die - Marianne Designs Creatables
Sentiment - Stampin' Up! Elements of Style

3 comments:

  1. Lovely, elegant design! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the blue butterfly! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! Love that big butterfly and the pretty patterned paper! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete