Friday, February 2, 2024

The Color Hues Challenge #80 - Red and Pink

Red and pink, a perfect idea for a February challenge over at The Color Hues challenge blog. I just mailed off a batch of Valentine cards to stamping friends, so I made a few more to send out using the red and pink theme.
I started with a white layer and at the bottom stamped one of my favorite Valentine script sentiments in red. Above the sentiment I scored several lines across the top using my Martha Stewart score board. I die cut two cute birds in red and backed them with a glittery pink paper. The die set I used has birds facing both directions, so it was perfect. I attached them to the top of the card with foam mount tape then added a little red heart between them. I backed that layer with black and attached it to a hot pink base card. Lastly I added a little gold gem on each side of the sentiment.
Bird Die Cuts - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Pink Glitter Paper - American Crafts
Valentine Sentiment - Inkadinkado
Hot Pink Base Card - Bazzill
Red Card Stock - Bazzill
Gold Gems - jolee's Boutique

3 comments:

  1. I love your bright pink with the red Deb, and your Valentine stamp is soooo pretty! Love the sweet little birds facing each other too! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at The Color Hues Color Challenge!! Marcia (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute Valentine. I love that you added sparkle to the birds too. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty duo of love birds, made all the more eye-catching with sparkly feathers. Thank you for joining us at Colour Hues.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete