Friday, March 22, 2024

Color Hues Challenge #83 - Cream and Blue

Whenever I decide to join a card challenge I get so many ideas. The colors for the current challenge at Color Hues is cream and blue.
I had recently purchased a designer paper tablet that has all light blue designs, so chose a sheet from that for the blue. As usual, I wanted to have a little sparkle to the card, so used a blue floral paper with a little silver (an allowed neutral) in the flower designs. I started with a 5-1/2" square cream color base card. I cut my designer paper to 5" x 5" then backed it with a layer of black to make a border. I attached this layer to the base card. On a piece of cream colored card stock I stamped 'just a note' and die cut it out. I attached it to the bottom right using foam mount tape to lift it off the card a bit. I die cut a fountain pen out of black and silver and attached it on the left side of the card.


Just a Note Stamp and Die - The Greetery
Fountain Pen Die - The Greetery

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty card--the designer paper is lovely and the lovely sentiment make for an elegant card! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great combination here, Deb! Love the paper, the pen and the pretty script greeting. Pretty card using our colors at Color Hues, thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the DP, the addition of the die cuts make for an elegant card. Thanks for being inspired by the Color Hues colours. :)

    ReplyDelete