Sunday, January 21, 2024

Color Hues #79 Copper and Green Challenge

First, a question...why, when you make a card, does your trash can get mysteriously full? I think the answer to that is impatience. I want to make a card I like, and if it doesn't fit that description, (which means I usually find a flaw in it because I hurried through the process), I throw it away. Am I a perfectionist? No, I don't strive for perfection. I think I'm a purest. I want to follow certain rules exactly — to the letter, and be absolutely pleased with the results. I am (finally) pleased with this card I made for the current Color Hues challenge.
I started with an A-2 light green card. I die cut a lattice frame in white and backed it with a green and white floral paper. That layer was attached to the card. I die cut a white oval for the front of the card and stamped and embossed (in copper) a butterfly and sentiment. I backed that oval with a larger green oval and attached it to the center of the card using foam mount strips. Lastly I added some green leaves (at an angle) to the top and bottom of the card.
Lattice Frame Die - Waffle Flower Triple Line Diamond Panel
Butterfly Stamped Image - Bo Bunny Beautiful Butterflies
Sentiment Stamped Image - Darcies Butterfly Birthday Wishes
Embossing Powder - Ranger Copper Embossing Powder
Leaves Die Cuts - Memory Box Fresh Foliage
Oval Die Cut - Spellbinder's Nestabilities
Base card - Stampin' Up! Pear Pizzaz

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Deb! Love the lattice in the background and your copper embossed butterfly and sentiment work perfectly with all the green for our challenge! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at Color Hues Color Challenge! Marcia (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Backing the lattice with the pretty patterned paper created a wonderful background for the oval with the embossed sentiment and butterfly! A lovely card; thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your opening and I also fit that category. If I am not happy with a card it will definitely not be shown on the web! As for your pretty card...I love the richness of your copper embossing as it really makes your greeting and butterfly stand out. I am so glad you persevered and joined us at Color Hues. Please join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the simplicity of your background, Deb, it works perfectly as a background for the beautiful butterfly. The contrast of the darker green is so pretty and the copper embossing adds such rich texture. Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete