Saturday, January 6, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge 617

This was a fun Freshly Made Sketches challenge. It challenged me to decide what theme I wanted, what size card I wanted and specifically what image I wanted to use. Since Valentine's Day is coming up, I decided on a Valentine card for a friend. The challenge sketch below is simple yet it took me a little time to decide what I wanted to do.
I started with an ivory card layer. The 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" card is larger than I usually use, but that allowed me to make bigger square cutouts at the top. I began by die cutting the three square openings across the top of the card. I then die cut three small frames to frame the squares in red. Since this is a Valentine's Day card, I wanted the red on the card to pop so used a deep red card stock. I then punched three small hearts and glued them under each square.
I cut a strip that I printed up with the sentiment (on the same ivory card stock) "A Special Valentine For A Special Person" then attached it to a red strip and glued it across the squares. Next came the stamping. I stamped three tulip hearts and colored them in red and green. I die cut them out with the same square die I used for the openings. On the back of the framed squares layer, I added foam mount adhesive strips. I started attaching it to the front of the folded base card, carefully sliding in the stamped images so they would show though the die cut square openings. This raised the front layer slightly off the base card and gave a little dimension.

Red Card Stock - Bazzill
Stamped Image - PSX Tulip Heart
Flowers - Copic R46 Strong Red
Leaves - The Fine Touch Green Colored Pencil
Ivory Cardstock - Printable Expressions Textured Greeting Cards

2 comments: