Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Seize The Birthday #275 Embossing

Time for another birthday card. This is my first time making a card for the Seize The Birthday challenge. The challenge this week is to make a card with embossing (wet or dry).
I had recently die cut some golden bees, so decided to make a bee-theme birthday card. I began with an A-2 tent-fold black base card. I embossed a white layer with a honeycomb embossing folder and attached it to the front of the card. I stamped "Thinking of you SWEET FRIEND" on a white square then backed it with black and gold. Under the sentiment I attached my golden bee and attached the layer (using foam mount tape) to the top of the card. At the bottom I added a strip of designer paper and added two golden dots. Between the dots I added a stamped "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" strip.
Happy Birthday Sentiment - Stampin' Up! From the Heart Stamp Set
Thinking of You Sentiment - Stampin' Up! Honey Bee Stamp Set
Honeycomb Embossing Folder - Sizzix Stampin' Up!
Bee Die Cut - Stampin' Up! Detailed Bee Die
Gold Card Stock - Park Lane Gold Paper Pad
Black Card Stock - Park Lane

5 comments:

  1. Bee-utiful! The dry embossed honeycombs are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your golden bee - he's magnificent! So many other lovely touches on your card too! Just gorgeous! Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! That gold bee is just stunning!!! I love the honeycomb patterns you added as well. We are so happy you've played with us at Seize the Birthday!!!! (Don't bee (ha!) a stranger here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is a showstopper and certainly got my attention this morning over at Seize the Birthday. I love how elegant that bee is and of course that wonderful Embossing folder too. I am thrilled you found us at Seize the Birthday and I hope you will come back again soon. We also have a sister challenge that I also run. We would love to have you over there sometime too! https://colorhuesthecolorchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the elegant looking bee in gold, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete